The SITRANS LR400 is a 4-wire, 24 GHz FMCW radar level transmitter for continuous monitoring of liquids and slurries in storage and process vessels including high temperature and high pressure, to a range of 50 m (164 ft); ideal for low dielectric media.
It provides excellent results on low dielectric media.
SITRANS LR400 is available for standard applications and for applications that require explosion proof protection.
SITRANS LR400 features robust enclosure, flange and horn components. It is virtually unaffected by atmospheric or temperature conditions within the vessel.
Safe on-site local programming is simple using the Intrinsically Safe handheld programmer. SIMATIC PDM can be used for easy remote programming.
The characteristics of 24 GHz and high signal-to-noise ratio contribute to exceptional signal reflection, regardless of the dielectric value of the medium.
Key applications: long-range liquid or slurry applications, high temperature or high pressure, low dielectric media, such as LPG (liquid, petroleum, gas).
- Easy installation and commissioning, low maintenance
- Self-calibration with internal reference
- Built-in diagnostics
- Auto-False Echo Suppression and advanced echo processing
- 24 GHz and high signal-to-noise ratio
- Communication using HART® or PROFIBUS PA
- Programming using infrared Intrinsically Safe handheld programmer or with SIMATIC PDM or HART handheld device