SITRANS LR250 Horn Antenna
SITRANS LR250 is a 2-wire, 25 GHz pulse radar level transmitter for continuous monitoring of liquids and slurries in storage and process vessels including high temperature and pressure, to a range of 20 m (66 ft).
SITRANS LR250 includes a graphical local user interface (LUI) that improves setup and operation by including an intuitive Quick Start Wizard, and echo profile displays for diagnostic support. Startup is easy using the Quick Start wizard with a few parameters required for basic operation.
The 25 GHz frequency creates a narrow, focused beam allowing for smaller horn antenna options and decreasing sensitivity to obstructions.
SITRANS LR250’s unique design allows safe and simple programming using the Intrinsically Safe handheld programmer without having to open the instrument’s lid.
SITRANS LR250 measures superbly on low dielectric media, and in small vessels, as well as tall and narrow vessels.
Key Applications: liquid bulk storage tanks, process vessels with agitators, vaporous liquids, high temperatures, low dielectric media and applications with functional safety requiements.
- Graphical local user interface (LUI) makes operation simple with plug-and-play setup using the intuitive Quick Start Wizard
- LUI displays echo profiles for diagnostic support
- 25 GHz high frequency allows for small horn antennas for easy mounting in nozzles
- Insensitive to mounting location and obstructions, and less sensitive to nozzle interference
- Short blanking distance for improved minimum measuring range to 50 mm (2") from the end of the horn
- Communication using HART® or PROFIBUS PA, or FOUNDATION FieldbusTM
- Process Intelligence signal processing for improved measurement reliability and Auto False-Echo Suppression of fixed obstructions
- Programming using infrared Intrinsically Safe handheld programmer or over a network using SIMATIC PDM, Emerson AMS, or Field Device Tools, such as PACTware or Fieldcare via SITRANS DTM.
- Suitable for use in safety related systems in accordance with IEC 61508/61511 (SIL-2)
- 3mm (0.118 inch) accuracy in accordance with IEC 60770-1