SITRANS WFS300 Sensing Heads
SITRANS WFS300 and WFS320 Sensing Heads are out-of-the-process sensing elements for series SITRANS WF300 solids flowmeters.
SITRANS WFS300 and WFS320 Sensing Heads are used in applications such as product ratioing, batch load-out, and process feed rate control, the WFS series of sensing heads has been field proven in thousands of applications with some units providing over a quarter century of reliable performance.
The WFS sensing heads use only the horizontal force created by impact of product upon the sensing plate and then apply the horizontal deflection to a highly reliable Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT).
Friction-less pivots exclude the vertical force from the sensing process and the LVDT travel range is controlled by a coil spring selected for the specified full-scale flow rate. A viscous fluid damper provides mechanical damping in the event of pulsating flows.
The LVDT converts the horizontal movement, proportional to the impact forces into an electrical signal, which is converted by the integrator to time-based flow rate indication and totalling. This method of sensing material flow has been proven best in thousands of applications all over the world.
- Easy installation with modular assembly
- ±1% accuracy (or better) with high repeatability
- Totally enclosed, dust-tight, flow metering of bulk solids
- Sensing mechanism is outside the process, protected from contamination
- No zero drift, due to unique sensing mechanism
- Low maintenance; only the sensing plate is in the process
- No restriction of product flow
Reference : siemens